Sunday, February 14, 2010

I am broken hearted today...

My husband and I did have a great time celebrating Valentine's Day in Tyson's Corner. However, while we were away my son attended a birthday party for a boy who lives near us and is in the same classroom at school. Apparently the two boys got into a fight at the party and the birthday boy told my son that he didn't want to invite my son to his party, and his mom made him. I am sure it is the truth. I feel so sad for my son and just wish that he didn't have to experience these things. They say kids can be mean, but does it really change as you get older? It seems to me that it is the same old mean stuff just in a less obvious way.

2 comments:

  1. I am sorry to hear this. I have two boys who are 3 and 5 and I know this is something we will have to talk about with them too. In the meantime if they know someone doesn't like them I just tell them to shake it off and always treat others as they would want to be treated. It is amazing how it changes their out look on the situation right away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry that this happened to your son. As hard as it is to hear, you know it is the other child who has the problem you just don't know what is going on in the bully's life. I know it does stop from hurting your son's feelings. xo, MB

    ReplyDelete