Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Kate Spade for Lenox





I was raised in a Lenox household. My parents had Lenox china, and I remember that my dad would buy my mom a decorative piece of Lenox-a vase, candy dish, bowl-for every holiday. When I bought my first house I started to purchase Lenox, and my dad started to give me a piece of Lenox every Christmas. My mom still has A LOT of Lenox, and my dad passed away last year, so neither of us is getting anymore special pieces from Dad. I remember him driving over to the gift shop near my parents' house to choose gifts. It is such a special memory. My china is Lenox, and unfortunately I don't use it often. It's not that I am afraid it will break. I am a firm believer that you should use all of your good china and crystal and truly enjoy it. It's just that I don't prepare a lot of formal meals where we sit in the dining room-maybe twice a year. I am glad, though, that I have a beautiful set of Lenox china. I saw these advertisements for Kate Spade's collection, and I think her pieces are beautiful. I want to visit a store soon and see the collection.

4 comments:

  1. I love it! Our formal china is Kate Spade, as well as several vases and our sterling. She has a lot of great collections and it's reasonably priced - ours is really simple and traditional, but I love some of her more stylish patterns I was just afraid they would be out of style in 10-20 years!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too received this in the e-mail. I love Lenox. My china is Lenox. Unfortunately I am not able to use it as much as I would like. It just makes it all the more special when I do though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My aunt is getting the dragonfly china that you have pictured here! She is a huge fan of all things Kate Spade and dragonflies so this is perfect for her. I absolutely adore that vase!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i have the kate spade library lane for my china and I adore it. It is soo beautiful and classic. I use it all the time ..xo

    ReplyDelete