Saturday, August 1, 2009

Baltimore

                              baltimoreharbor

I spent Friday in Baltimore with my friend Cris. We went to Harbor East which is part of the Inner Harbor. There are great shops and restaurants. When I take my son to Baltimore we visit the Baltimore Aquarium and the Maryland Science Center. There is so much to do with children in Baltimore. We live close to Baltimore, so it is a quick trip. My son was not with me, so I did not go to our usual spots.

                               pocketpie

We stopped at Williams-Sonoma, and I bought lots of things there…as usual! I love their dish towels, and they had the pink and green towels on sale, so I bought many sets of those. I will probably pair a set of towels with something Lilly for a hostess gift. I also bought the pocket pie molds in the star and the heart. I think that is something fun for my son and I to make together. Don’t they look delicious in the picture?!

                                                 conundrum

After Williams-Sonoma, Cris and I went to Belvedere Square. It is another shopping and restaurant area. They have an awesome Italian Market called Ceriello Fine Foods. They sell fresh meats, cheeses, and prepared dishes along with frozen pastas and sauces, and dry goods. I purchased a lot of items to take home. There is a wine bar attached to the market called Grand Cru. You can purchase food in the market and take it with you to Grand Cru where you can sit at a table and order glasses of wine off of the menu or purchase bottles from the cases. We shared a bottle of Conundrum. Our friend Robert visited us at Grand Cru, and it was so much fun to eat a delicious sandwich and enjoy some wine. The best part, though, was taking home some delicious prepared food that I did not have to make from scratch!

No comments:

Post a Comment