Sunday, July 26, 2009

Peach Bellini


Whenever I host a party I have a signature drink. It does not have to be anything unique, just a drink that fits in with the theme of the party or the time of year. For a Christmas party, I served Pomegranate Martinis. For my husband's Jimmy Buffet themed birthday party, I served Margaritas. For my son's baptism, I served Peach Bellinis because peaches were in season. I always have a full bar and wine also, but I feel that a signature drink makes a party of any size seem extra special.


Peach Bellinis

Makes about 6 servings

2 large peaches , cut into chunks
1/2 cup sugar
2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
1 bottle Champagne or sparkling wine


Garnish with 1 large peach , cut into 6 slices and 6 sprigs mint



Combine peach chunks, sugar and lemon juice in a bowl. Allow to rest 30 minutes. Place mixture in a saucepan and bring to a boil, stirring until sugar has dissolved. Reduce heat to low; cover and cook 15 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to cool. Pour through a strainer, pressing solids to extract flavor and juices. Chill. Discard any solids.Place about 1 tablespoon peach syrup in each flute and fill with Champagne. Garnish with a peach slice and mint sprig.

2 comments:

  1. I don't drink, but I know my adult children would love those. I'll be sure to pass it on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that sounds so good. I don't drink very often , but this is one I will make for our Halloween party this Oct. Thanks..

    ReplyDelete